We have seen a growing number of enthusiasts spending more time climbing the hills of the UK in pursuit of keeping fit and escaping the pressures of everyday life. While it’s easy to get lost in the beauty of British landscape, the unpredictable weather conditions ranging from heatwaves to hail create a demand for people to be equipped and ready for muddy slopes at any time.
With such a wide range of brands offering clever engineering and manufacturing clothing technologies the modern adventurer is spoiled with unlimited choices and shopping destinations. As part of our mission to produce insightful whitepapers and market reports into niche and trending sectors, we conducted research and analysis into the outdoor apparel and camping market with the aim of discovering how outdoor brands attract, retain and engage consumers. We took a good hard look at what is working and where there is room to improve in order to inspire other retailers and marketers out there with SEO, content and social media ideas which may lead to further business success.
We have analysed various brands including Sports Direct, Wiggle, and Go Outdoors, with the desire to discover how these brands are reinventing shopping experiences with actionable digital marketing strategies.
As our report details, traditional outdoor retailers with a weak online visibility are competing against sometimes surprising and new ‘go to’ retail destinations that are benefiting from strong organic strategies.
In this report we also uncover distribution channels tactics and content strategies which help these brands reach new opportunities while recruiting new consumers with the use of blog, visual and animated content as well as social media.
7 insights you will find in the Camping & Outdoor Market Report:
- How Ellis Brigham is capturing consumers through question and comparison search queries
- Organic Share of Search: Blacks Outdoor Retail, which owns both Blacks and Millets, occupies just 4.6% of the online market, despite being one of the largest retail chains in the UK. Find out who has beaten them and who is lagging behind
- Engagement tactics: brands are fostering passion for sport, adrenaline and the great outdoors with interactive competitions which challenge the audience to stay fit, be creative & spend time in nature with family and friends
- How Wiggle’s product pages are speaking to consumers
- How one relative newcomer to the market is aiming for tent sales with a designer look and a focussed search strategy
- Footwear trends: what products are popular and what’s on the rise?
- Branded content: capturing attention with branded content that is emotion, people and story oriented
- Instagram: why this is the favoured channel for outdoor brands and how retailers are utilising it to foster brand discovery
We’ve also looked at some of the brands’ weaknesses, enabling us to assess the challenges across their websites and social media.
You can find these topics and more in our FREE to download Market Report:
The post Reaching new heights: How outdoor clothing & camping retailers are achieving success online appeared first on White.net.
via White.net » Blog http://ift.tt/1fz6Skg